2750 NW 43rd Street
Suite 202
Gainesville, FL 32606
(352) 371-9828
(352) 371-0377
[email protected]

Injured In An Accident

Medical Bills and Lost Wages

Who will pay my medical bills and lost wages?

This depends on the accident. If you have been involved in an auto accident, your auto insurance (PIP) will pay. Your medical expenses will be paid at the rate of 80% and your lost wages will be paid at 60%. The new law requires that you seek medical treatment within 14 days of the accident by an authorized healthcare provider which must deem your condition to be an emergency under the definition of the statute. If it does not meet the statutory definition, your PIP benefits will be limited to $2,500 instead of the maximum of $10,000 for more serious injuries. Any damages including medical expenses and wage loss that are not paid by your PIP will ultimately be paid by the insurance company for the at-fault party.

If you have been involved in an accident, call the office of Laurie D. Mitchell and speak to me directly. 352-371-9828.